Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Stagnating scans

Hi,

I've several scans that start healthy but then slow down to the point where the scan duration surpasses 24 hours with no hint of completing.

I've noticed a large count of the following error in the logs - I've not been able to locate this error within this board or the KB:

2/24/2020 6:17:28 PM Error SPI.Scanners.Web.Audit.AuditorEvents :in auditEngine_CheckDetected, args.Check.EngineType:'NoEngine' != args.IAuditCapable.EngineCheck.CheckID:11556:

As well, I've noticed the following error but I've been unsuccessful in researching the error on this board nor when conducting a web search:

2020-02-24 18:13:52,087 ERROR [bea22b07-dc04-499e-84a4-9017bae8b393:PoolRequestManagerThread.ThreadProc] ManagedProxyWrapper2.DelegateAction - WIPROXY RETRIABLE ACTION Faulted once:PlayScriptCorrelated with error DynamicBase.SharedRequestor.BrowserCommunicationLayer.SignalROperationTimeoutException: Exception of type 'DynamicBase.SharedRequestor.BrowserCommunicationLayer.SignalROperationTimeoutException' was thrown.
at DynamicBase.SharedRequestor.BrowserCommunicationLayer.Management.ClientBrowserGenericProxy.Intercept(IInvocation invocation)
at Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed()
at HP.PC.ServiceModel.ManagedProxyWrapper2.DelegateAction(Action executable)

I'm also wondering how to use the WebInspect console (we're using the non-Enterprise version) or the API to investigate if the application is experiencing issues.  I'm aware that I can use traffic monitor, but I'm currently focused on troubleshooting WebInspect and not the target application.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:  I found this and I'm reviewing the videos.

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Couple of initial questions:

1. The first error points to a SecureBase issue
    1. When was the last time SmartUpdate completed successfully? What is the version of SecureBase?
    2. Do you have any custom policies that have been defined?
    3. Try the following:
      1. Close WebInspect
      2. Navigate to C:\ProgramData\HP\HP WebInspect\SecureBase
      3. Delete the securebase.sdf file.
      4. Restart WebInspect
  2. In searching the second issue, this was resolved by disabling AV/AM software and reinstalling (or performing a repair install) of the application. There appears to be an issue with the rendering engine.
  3. What version of WebInspect?
  4. What version of OS?
  5. Any AV/AM software running on the machine?
  6. Have you ever been successful scanning this site?
  7. Are you experiencing this issue across all sites or specific ones?
  8. Make sure you are a local administrator on the machine.
  9. You can also look in your Windows Event Logs (Application and System) to see if there are any errors in there that might lead to a solution.
  10. Memory issue?

If you continue to have problems and would like to open a ticket please keep the information in the following in mind: https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Fortify-User-Discussions/Basic-Information-to-Open-Fortify-Support-Ticket/td-p/2764111

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.