I've several scans that start healthy but then slow down to the point where the scan duration surpasses 24 hours with no hint of completing.
I've noticed a large count of the following error in the logs - I've not been able to locate this error within this board or the KB:
2/24/2020 6:17:28 PM Error SPI.Scanners.Web.Audit.AuditorEvents :in auditEngine_CheckDetected, args.Check.EngineType:'NoEngine' != args.IAuditCapable.EngineCheck.CheckID:11556:
As well, I've noticed the following error but I've been unsuccessful in researching the error on this board nor when conducting a web search:
2020-02-24 18:13:52,087 ERROR [bea22b07-dc04-499e-84a4-9017bae8b393:PoolRequestManagerThread.ThreadProc] ManagedProxyWrapper2.DelegateAction - WIPROXY RETRIABLE ACTION Faulted once:PlayScriptCorrelated with error DynamicBase.SharedRequestor.BrowserCommunicationLayer.SignalROperationTimeoutException: Exception of type 'DynamicBase.SharedRequestor.BrowserCommunicationLayer.SignalROperationTimeoutException' was thrown.
at DynamicBase.SharedRequestor.BrowserCommunicationLayer.Management.ClientBrowserGenericProxy.Intercept(IInvocation invocation)
at HP.PC.ServiceModel.ManagedProxyWrapper2.DelegateAction(Action executable)
I'm also wondering how to use the WebInspect console (we're using the non-Enterprise version) or the API to investigate if the application is experiencing issues. I'm aware that I can use traffic monitor, but I'm currently focused on troubleshooting WebInspect and not the target application.
Thanks in advance!
EDIT: I found this and I'm reviewing the videos.
Couple of initial questions:
- The first error points to a SecureBase issue
- When was the last time SmartUpdate completed successfully? What is the version of SecureBase?
- Do you have any custom policies that have been defined?
- Try the following:
- Close WebInspect
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData\HP\HP WebInspect\SecureBase
- Delete the securebase.sdf file.
- Restart WebInspect
- In searching the second issue, this was resolved by disabling AV/AM software and reinstalling (or performing a repair install) of the application. There appears to be an issue with the rendering engine.
- What version of WebInspect?
- What version of OS?
- Any AV/AM software running on the machine?
- Have you ever been successful scanning this site?
- Are you experiencing this issue across all sites or specific ones?
- Make sure you are a local administrator on the machine.
- You can also look in your Windows Event Logs (Application and System) to see if there are any errors in there that might lead to a solution.
- Memory issue?
If you continue to have problems and would like to open a ticket please keep the information in the following in mind: https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Fortify-User-Discussions/Basic-Information-to-Open-Fortify-Support-Ticket/td-p/2764111