Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
vfernandes1 Regular Contributor.
Regular Contributor.

TFS Plugin - SSC 18.10 Integration

Hi! We currently use Fortify 18.10 and TFS 2015
I configured TFS plugin. Test Connection is ok but when I try adding a new Bug I get 

ERROR | pool-11-thread-2 | BugTrackerLegacyMessageHandler | 9 - com.fortify.plugin.camel.bugtracker - 1.2.187 | Error while handling BTFileMultiIssueBug
com.fortify.pub.bugtracker.support.BugTrackerException: Error when filing a bug to the TFS Collection XXXXX
at com.fortify.pub.bugtracker.plugin.tfs.TFSBatchBugTrackerPlugin.fileBug(TFSBatchBugTrackerPlugin.java:425)
at com.fortify.pub.bugtracker.plugin.tfs.TFSBatchBugTrackerPlugin.fileMultiIssueBug(TFSBatchBugTrackerPlugin.java:417)

Looking at Event viewer in TFS server, the message error is:

TF01320: Rule error for field Description. Error code: Required, Invalid empty

But the default TFS template has that field and I complete it.

Do anybody know how to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Veronica

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: TFS Plugin - SSC 18.10 Integration

Hi,

It appears bug is being logged after selecting multiple issues in SSC. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Has there been any changes to the default bug submission template when multiple issues are selected?

I have tried SSC 18.10 bug tracker integration with TFS 2015 and cannot reproduce this problem with default settings.

Regards,
Tejesh Chandra K H

Regular Contributor.

Hi Tejesh! Thanks for your reply.

It happened with single and multiple issues. The bug had some required fields but not Repro Steps which is the field the plugin maps against Description.

In a lab environment it worked ok when I left only Title and Repro Steps as required fields. But it isn't the default in production.

Best regards,

Veronica

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi Veronica,

I think this is a well known bug.
It will be fixed with the release of Fortify 18.20.
As workaround I would recommend to use the VS-17.20 plugin.
There is a hot fix for 18.10.
You can request for it at the fortify support and refer to bug OCTCR11A152060.

Homan

Regular Contributor.

Hi Homan! Thanks for the reply.

In a lab environment it worked ok when I left only Title and Repro Steps as required fields. But it isn't our default template. And I was testing with a replica of the Production environment.

I think I will need make some changes to the java code in the sample plugin to adapt it.

Best regards.

Veronica

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.