Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Threat Prevention System SSL Inspection

Dear,

May I know if the TPS 440T supports on-board SSL inspection? Having said that, there is needless to have another SSL appliance (S1500) to decrypt the SSL traffic?

Appreciate your explanation.

Best Regards,

Darren Tang

0 Likes
2 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi :

The product is designed for analysis of DAST and SAST code for websites and while it can look at components of the SSL capabilities on the site, it is not a device that looks at the SSL traffic itself.  Most likely this question would be better aimed for the groups and I have advised some of them to look into the appropriate answer for you.

Regards,

Joel E. Natt CISSP, CRISC
Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Software Education
Global Exam/Certification Manager – Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Software

Trainer – HP Software Education – Fortify

Get Training: http://www.hpenterprisesecurity.com/university

Get Certified: http://h10120.www1.hp.com/ExpertOne/certification_program_overview.html

Joel E. Natt, CISSP CRISC
Global Exam/Certification Development Manager – Hewlett Packard Enterprise Software Education
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Joel,

Thank you for the speedy reply. I know the post was not supposed to be appeared in this space but I couldn't select any space/group to post my question. Appreciate if you could advise how to select the group/space to post my thread?

Many thanks,

Darren Tang

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.