Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Translation Offloading

Looking for any feedback/recommendations on use of Translation Offloading before I attempt to use it. Anybody experience any gotchas or lessons learned that they can share? Are there things that need to be added to the ScanCentral Sensors that didn't need to be there before?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

ScanCentral is now offers more than a renaming of CloudScan, it also interfaces with SSC Server a bit more than CloudScan had, as we move toward a more managerial state in SSC.  The ScanCentral Client itself also offers more features to support remote translation and automated configuration.  At its most basic for the ScanCentral deployment, you will need one SSC Server, one ScanCentral Controller (optimally on its own Tomcat and not sharing with SSC), and deploy the ScanCentral Client alongside Fortify SCA onto the worker machines (ScanCentral "Sensors").  You will also deploy the ScanCentral Client wherever you plan to package and build code, so that the Client(s) can then ship the packages through the network and to the ScanCentral Controller, which will then deploy the test jobs and code packages to the available Sensor pool(s).

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

I guess my question is - my current build server is already configured with everything it could possibly need to build: compiler, proper versions of java, whatever else it might need. Will I need to replicate all of that on to each of my ScanCentral Sensors if I start using Translation Offloading? Will I need to do more than just stand up a box that can run the ScanCentral Sensor software?

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.