Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

VS2017 SLN file imports TLB file. Causes translator catastrophic failure

Jump to solution

I'm running sourceanalyzer with default options on a VS2017 solution which results in :

[error]: Translator execution failed.  Please consult the Troubleshooting section of the User Manual. 
Translator returned status 4:
"header.h", line 19: catastrophic error: cannot
           open source file "": invalid file name
   #import "modules.tlb" no_namespace raw_interfaces_only

1 catastrophic error detected in the compilation of "source.cpp". Compilation terminated.

The TLB is a com module file, compilation of the project completes successfully.
What can be done to avoid / resolve this error?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Captain Captain
Captain

@LlewThomas I faced similar issue with one of my solution and my Fortify SCA was in 19.1.2. It seems the cpfe48.exe was buggy and a hotfix was released later for the same

I contacted MicroFocus support and hotfix was provided to me. So, please create a case stating the issue and request the hotfix

Hope this helps....

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Captain Captain
Captain

@LlewThomas I faced similar issue with one of my solution and my Fortify SCA was in 19.1.2. It seems the cpfe48.exe was buggy and a hotfix was released later for the same

I contacted MicroFocus support and hotfix was provided to me. So, please create a case stating the issue and request the hotfix

Hope this helps....

View solution in original post

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.