New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Viewing an issue results in Fortiy error

Jump to solution

I recently installed SSC and SCA 16.20.

I am using VSTS with the Fortify extension to analyse source code with Fortify. Fortify shows me the issues, but when I try to view an issue, I get an error in SSC. I think it should show me the source code the issue is based on, bu t instead I get the error:

Unexpected error has occurred. Please contact your administrator

{"data":"","status":400,"config":{"method":"GET","transformRequest":[null],"transformResponse":[null],"cache":{},"url":"http://<server>:<port>/ssc/api/v1/projectVersions/10002/sourceFiles?q=path:\"<local location to file (on scan server, not on the SCC server>\"","headers":{"Accept":"application/json, text/plain, */*","Pragma":"no-cache","Authorization":"FortifyToken <token>"}},"statusText":""}

The text in blue I replaced myself.

It shows a location to the source file. That is the local location on the VSTS build server. Is there a way where I can change this? I couldn't find anything about this in the install or user guides.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Commander Commander
Commander

This is a problem when using IE and newer versions of Tomcat (8.0.39+ and 8.5.9+ I think).

The issue is Tomcat is rejecting the Ajax request because it has double quotes (I believe this is the character based on logs) in the url.  IE does not automatically encode these while Firefox and Chrome do.

So the workaround is to either use another browser or too downgrade your Tomcat server instance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Commander Commander
Commander

This is a problem when using IE and newer versions of Tomcat (8.0.39+ and 8.5.9+ I think).

The issue is Tomcat is rejecting the Ajax request because it has double quotes (I believe this is the character based on logs) in the url.  IE does not automatically encode these while Firefox and Chrome do.

So the workaround is to either use another browser or too downgrade your Tomcat server instance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Thanks.
With Chrome it works indeed! Why didn’t I try before...

Great to know we can fix it ourselves with a workaround.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.