WI 10.40 Error

Jump to solution

Hi All

I updated my WI 10.30 to 10.40.

But I am getting error. 

System.AppDomain
Build:10.40.244.10

Exception type: System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException

No elements matching the key 'netNamedPipeCommon' were found in the configuration element collection.

at System.ServiceModel.Configuration.ServiceModelConfigurationElementCollection`1.get_Item(Object key)
at HP.PC.ServiceModel.Configuration.ExternalConfigurator.GetNetNamedPipeBinding(String bindingConfigurationName)
at HP.PC.ServiceModel.Configuration.ExternalConfigurator.GetBinding(String bindingTypeName, String bindingConfigurationName, Uri address)
at HP.PC.ServiceModel.ManagedServiceHost.AddServiceEndpoint(Type implementedContract, Type bindingType, String configFile, Uri address)
at HP.PC.ServiceModel.ManagedServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceImple, Type bindingType, String configFile, Uri address)
at HP.PC.ServiceModel.ManagedServiceHost..ctor(Type serviceImple, Type bindingType, Uri address)
at WebInspectWCFService.WIUIAutomationServiceHost.a()
at WebInspectWCFService.WIUIAutomationServiceHost.StartService()
at WebInspectWCFService.WebInspectWCFServiceWrapper.a()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Learner_7 Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

Re: WI 10.40 Error

Jump to solution

I got the solution! 
Thanks to the fortify tech support for resolving the issue. 

This can sometimes occur when WebInspect related services or processes are still running when upgrading and is caused by corruption in the browser and dat subfolders in the WebInspect installation folder. To fix, just delete the browser and dat subfolders (by default C:\Program Files\HP\HP WebInspect\browser and C:\Program Files\HP\HP WebInspect\dat) and restart WebInspect which will rebuild them.

This solved my problem. 

3 Replies
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The error portion on "netNamedPipeCommon" seems to indicate a database connection error.  Are you using SQL Express supported by the 10.40 System Requirements (attached), or are you using a Standard or Enterprise Edition SQL Server?  If the latter, review the WebInspect Application Setting s> Database configuration, and then have you DBAs verify that the specified account is the DB Owner to that specified database, with no rights withheld.

The Automatic Upgrade to any database schema is generally flawless for SQL Express users, but the SmartUpdate prompt would have offered a SQL Query to use to manually upgrade a SQL Server hosted database.  I believe there is a copy of this script housed in the Fortify Documents area of Protect724.  You will want to back-up that database before proceeding, and perhaps check in with Fortify Support.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Respected Contributor.

Jump to solution

I got the solution! 
Thanks to the fortify tech support for resolving the issue. 

This can sometimes occur when WebInspect related services or processes are still running when upgrading and is caused by corruption in the browser and dat subfolders in the WebInspect installation folder. To fix, just delete the browser and dat subfolders (by default C:\Program Files\HP\HP WebInspect\browser and C:\Program Files\HP\HP WebInspect\dat) and restart WebInspect which will rebuild them.

This solved my problem. 

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.