Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Contributor.. Janam Contributor..
Contributor..

Web Inspect web console access issue after upgradation

Spoiler
I have upgraded WIE 17.10 to WIE 17.20 , initialization and installation was successful, but while opening a web console, its not getting through. 
In my case WIE is integrated with SSC, when I hit the wie web console service it goes to SSC for validation, SSC validates the user with SSO and returns to WIE. We have change the license activation token this time, but still web request is carrying old license token only. 
Can anyone please suggest, do I need to make changes anywhere else?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: WebInspect Enterprise web console access issue after upgrade

Janam;

Assumptions I will make here:   you have also upgraded your SSC Server from 17.10 to 17.20, and you are using the MSIE browser for accessing the WebInspect Eneterpise Web Console.  Please correct me if either of those is inaccurate.

The first action you must perform after WIE Initialization is to open the thick client WIE Console and log in as one of the administrators.  There is a button at the top of the toolbar area that can open the WIE Web Console, or you can manually browse to https://WIE_host/wie/WebConsole.

When authenticating to the WIE Web Console (../wie/WebConsole), the user's browser is redirected to the connected SSC Server, and after authentication via SSC they are redirected to the WIE Manager server.  For this reason, the client browser must be able to resolve both hosts properly.  When running the WIE Initialization, you should have used proper or FQDN for the Hosts of these two systems, the SSC Server (http://SSC_Host/ssc)  and WIE Manager server (https://WIE_HOST/wie).

I have seen where the system locks onto the last page I was logged onto, so you might want to clear your browser cache or at least cookies for these two hosts.  In my case, it usually results in the logon being successful, but taking me to the other server address after authentication.

Separately, you mentioned a license issue with WIE.  If the original Activation Token was still valid (not expired), and you were using the same server machine, this should have worked fine via the WIE Initialization.

However, if the Activation Token had expired an you attempted to apply a new one, you must do so within the WIE Initialization Wizard.  I have seen my own demo systems expire, then the thick client WIE Console prompts for the new Activation Token, and yet it is never accepted.  Re-running the WIE Initialization seems to be my only recourse to apply a new Token once the applied one has expired.

If instead, the Activation token has not expired, but you are seeking to use int on a new server machine, then you would need the Fortify Support team to assist.  They would need to Deactivate your Activation Token within the licensing system to disassociate it from the old server machine.  Once Deactivated, then you can apply that Activation Token to the new server machine, using the WIE Initialization Wizard.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Contributor.. Janam Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: WebInspect Enterprise web console access issue after upgrade

Hi Sir,

We tried clearing the browser cache. But still it is redirecting to ssc only. WIE is initialized with proper fqdn only. We tried to disable sso and then log in with the local admin account, we were able to access the web console GUI, but with sso enabled it was again redirecting to ssc. Again when we are initializing the WIE url with hostname, we are able to connect when sso disabled. And it is not working with actual webinspect url.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.