Highlighted
Absent Member.. probey Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Web Macro Recorder not recognizing manual navigation

Hello,

I run into a situation that WMR is not recognizing any navigation made in manual scan. Once the scan started, I can see the login screen. But when I login, the login steps and subsequent navigations are not recorded in WMR.

My settings are:

Default Scan Settings > Proxy to Use Internet Explorer Proxy settings

Application Settings > Step Mode > Proxy Listener to 127.0.0.1 and uses dynamic port

Application Settings > Proxy to Use Internet Explorer Proxy settings

Did I do anything wrong with the settings above? And what is the difference between the proxy under Application Settings and Default Scan Settings?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
sreekar19 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Web Macro Recorder not recognizing manual navigation

Hi,

Try using these below method:

1-Go to Tools menu in HP Web Inspect-click on WMR

2-Click on Record button and note down the Proxy and Port number displayed at bottom of the WMR window

3-Web browser will be opened up and go to IE Tools->Connections->LAN settings->change the proxy and port number according to the proxy and port number displayed in WMR window

4-Then go with your application navigation in your browser

5-All the sessions you are performing in the browser will be recording in WMR.

Hope this method helps! Let me know if you are not clear with this and need more information.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Web Macro Recorder not recognizing manual navigation

The Proxy settings under Application Settings control how the WebInspect product reaches the Internet in order to activate its license and to retrieve any SmartUpdates.  The Proxy settings under the Scan Settings control how the WebInspect scanner will reach the scan target across a network.

The newer TruClient WMR tool utilizes its own Mozilla browser while recording the Login Macro.  If your application will not display for this browser, then you may need to drop back to the older WMR tools that are still present, the Event-based WMR ("EBMWR) which hooks into the MSIE browser, or the older Session-based WMR ("Traffic" or "SBWMR").  This switch can be done in two ways as follows.

* In the TruClient WMR, click the Troubleshoot icon (crossed tools), select the desired alternative WMR, then click the Troubleshoot button.

* Change the default WMR tool that launches:  Edit menu Application Settings > General panel.  Change it back later if desired.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.