Highlighted
jroberson1973 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Web Micro Recorder * Can't View Test Site

Greetings. I have an app that requires a username and password, also an additional verify info. My desire is to create a record a login macro so I can use. Unfortunately, when I attempt to create the macro and enter the URL into the brower, the page comes up blank. I have verified that the HP cert is in the browser and IE pluggin exist.

It seems as if it is the configuration of the proxy in the Application settings or Default setting witin the tool. I have them both configured to you IE proxy settings. I do not have a proxy configured in my IE brower. I have able to view the test page outside the use of the test.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Web Micro Recorder * Can't View Test Site

If this is occurring with the TruClient Web Macro Recorder tool ("WMR"), does the site support Mozilla, or is it for MSIE only?  If so you will need to switch to the earlier IE-based WMR (see Application Settings).

If this is occurring in the earlier IE-based WMR, are there any protective systems (Group Policy, McAfee) in place?  When this WMR starts its Record mode, it opens a new instance of your installed IE browser, hooks into it and alters the proxy settings, and runs an instance of our Web Proxy in the background.  This activity can be viewed as "malicious' by some systems, and the proxy edit dynamically corrected by the system.

Alternatively, if the target site in running on localhost, you may just need to specify your actual host name in the URL to get around the display issue.

If neither of those two WMRs work, drop back to the Traffic-based Session WMR.  This simply records raw sessions, although the State tab permits you to enable some dynamic portions for the Playback.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.