Highlighted
jefflj Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Web Site Scan, Workflow-Driven Scan using Proxy Tool Macro not finding any web pages

Jump to solution

I'm using WI 9.3 and have recorded a login macro using the Web Macro recorder tool and a workflow macro using the Web Proxy tool.  When I use these to perform a Web Site Scan the scan initializes but then returns "Complete" without listing or auditing any actual web pages from my site.  I've verified the site is up and browsable in IE9 (my WI server browser), and that the proxy settings are correct.

This started happening within the last week, any ideas what's going on?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Web Site Scan, Workflow-Driven Scan using Proxy Tool Macro not finding any web pages

Jump to solution

The Logs Viewer tool might expose what the error was?  Click the "WebInspect" button in the toolbar to browse those logs.  If you want to access them directly, they will be stored in a folder named all zeros ("000") under the Logs folder path.  check your Application Settings > Directories for that Logs path.

Enabling the Traffic Monitor or Web Proxy interception might expose more details of what is occurring during the scan.

Have you upgraded to WebInspect 10.0 yet, from April 22nd 2013?  Has this issue recurred for the same configuration?

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
2 Replies
jefflj Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: Web Site Scan, Workflow-Driven Scan using Proxy Tool Macro not finding any web pages

Jump to solution
I was able to clear this error by closing WI and rebooting the system, fairly imple. This happened on my other server also, so it is not a one-time thing.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

The Logs Viewer tool might expose what the error was?  Click the "WebInspect" button in the toolbar to browse those logs.  If you want to access them directly, they will be stored in a folder named all zeros ("000") under the Logs folder path.  check your Application Settings > Directories for that Logs path.

Enabling the Traffic Monitor or Web Proxy interception might expose more details of what is occurring during the scan.

Have you upgraded to WebInspect 10.0 yet, from April 22nd 2013?  Has this issue recurred for the same configuration?

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.