Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Web inspect scan is too slow

I have initiated Web Inspect scan for an application 2 days back. It has crawled around 620 pages, but while auditing ran welll till 400 but after that the scan enigne is not showing any progress. For the next two day it audited only 13 issues. I believe this i not normal. Please let me know if i need to change any settings. Or do i need to initiate a new scan with any changes in the settings. Will appreviate your immediate response.

NOTE: I am using 17.10.283 version.

Thanks,

Raghav

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Raghav,

For assistance on specific issues like this your best bet would be to open a case with Fortify Technical Support by sending an email fo fortifytechsupport@hpe.com.  Having traffic enabled in the scan is invaluable in these sorts of cases, by the way, if you already have it enabled then click on the Traffic Monitor button (below "Dashboard") and you will be able to see exactly what the scan is working on. 

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thanks pprofili 🙂
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I agree with Phil, you should contact our Fortify Tech Support at support.fortify.com to go further into the details of your configuration. Anytime a scan runs overnight there is most likely a configuration that will make the Crawler much more efficient. It all depends on the behavior of the target. In your case the lack of inactivity sounds like it could be an installation or network issue. At any point during a scan you can monitor the activity by pressing the Pause button and then inserting either the Traffic Monitor tool or the included Web Proxy tool (or any intercept proxy really). For a proxy, you would need to launch and start that tool separately, then alter the scan's Current Scan Settings to use that listener port. For the Traffic Monitor, you simply open the Current Scan Settings and enable it under the General settings panel. Once prepared, press the Resume button in WebInspect's toolbar area. To reverse this configuration, simply press Pause again, make the edits the Current Scan Settings, and press Resume.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.