Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Highlighted
Absent Member.. RonSHP Absent Member..
Absent Member..

WebInpsect Maintenace date

My License wizard shows "Maintenance Date: 4/29/2017" and actual license "Expiration Date: 12/30/9999".  It has started giving a warning during login that we "would no longer receive smart updates". What does this mean ultimately and do I need to renew this. If so, how?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: WebInpsect Maintenace date

Your Activation Token is a "Perpetual license", but since Expiration Date fields do not understand this concept, the Expiration field of the license has been set incredibly far in the future, i.e. the year 9999.  That is how long you can use the license for the product.

Your Maintenance and Support Expiration date tends to require an annual renewal, with multi-year packages being available.  When that Maintenance Expiration date is reached next month, you will no longer be able to SmartUpdate the product (new releases, attack database), nor contact Fortify Support for assistance, nor be permitted to download and install newer versions of WebInspect manually.  Your license will continue to operate indefinitely, but the installation will become more and more out-dated.

The nag message that you see regarding this Maintenance Expiration cannot be disabled.  It begins ~45 days prior to the Expiration, and I believe it remains indefinitely after the Expiration.

Overall, this Perpetual license has a good ROI, since there is a license cost spike plus the Maintenance fee in Year1, but all future years (Year1+N) only require the Maintenance fee to remain up-to-date, indefinitely.

Sorry, I had left off the other part of the answer....

The original e-mail message (last year) that contained the Activation Token should have included HPE Sales contact information for the renewal.  There may also be incoming Renewal notices in your spam folders, or in those of the Purchasing Agent at your company.  Fortify Support can also direct you to the proper contacts.  If you Private Message me with your Company name and Location, I can back-track and locate a Sales representative for you.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Absent Member.. RonSHP Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: WebInpsect Maintenace date

Hans,

Thank you very much for the reply. I think I have a better understanding of what is expiring now.  I have replied to the original "Congratulations on your Fortify purchase" email and will PM you if I don't hear back.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.