Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
NachiketDeshpa Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WebInspect 10.50 web macro recorder not working for Firefox rendering engine

After upgrading to WebInspect 10.50 version from 10.40, web macro recording is not possible using Firefox rendering engine. My organization has few applications that doesn't work on IE. Hence webmacro with Firefox is required.

When webmacro recorder is opened for recording the navigation, the macro recorder and truclient open separately. Recording doesn't happen if the rendering engine is Firefox. However recording happens if rendering engine is IE.

This also impacts the scanning as it takes almost 1 hour to start the scan and it will stuck intermitently    

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
6 Replies
grymoire Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: WebInspect 10.50 web macro recorder not working for Firefox rendering engine

We have the same problem, which makes this product nearly useless to us.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: WebInspect 10.50 web macro recorder not working for Firefox rendering engine

There were two Microsoft patches released recently which have clobbered our TruClient (Firefox) tool in WebInspect versions 10.x.  These are KB3126587 and KB3126593, and yes, uninstalling them is one way to fix this.  We are currently formulating a SmartUpdate patch for the user community, but at this time there are a handful of ways to correct this.  The attached information was just posted yesterday on our Customer-Only Forums at Protect724.hpe.com.  Fortify Support can provide you the referenced Browser.zip file if you wish to use that fix.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Sulabh-Jain Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi,

I tried to uninstall these patches, but still facing same problem.

Any suggestions ?

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. pprofili Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

After uninstalling the Microsoft KBs, restart the machine then make sure they are indeed gone.  Now run a repair on WebInspect.  If no luck, open a case with Support to get the patch.

0 Likes
rahul295 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hey, I have 16.10 version and I face the same issue. I am unable to use firefox rendering engine. If I start it, it wont save the macro.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

rahul295;

This thread was initially for WebInspect 10.50.  That issue was corrected in the follow-up 16.10 release.  In that issue, the Macro Recorder would not render anything when the Firefox engine was selected.

It sounds as if yours is a slightly different situation, since you indicate it will not Save.  Are you actually seeing the traffic sessions recorded, but failing on the Save?  If so, that is not related and would be some other (new) issue.  You may need to contact Fortify Support (support.fortify.com) for assistance in that case.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.