Commodore Commodore
Commodore

WebInspect Agent

I'm looking for documentation on using the WebInspect Agent to perform a scan with WebInspect 10.20.  I see that for 10.3 you can download the agent installer but I don't see that when I download WebInspect 10.20.

Thanks,

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The WebInspect Agent is actually just one option offered when running the installation of the Fortify Runtime product.  You would need to download the installer for Runtime 4.20 appropriate for your server (Java or .NET IIS) and for your OS (Windows/Linux).  I do not know if this installer is available on softwaresupport.hp.com if your SAID only lists WebInspect as your purchase, but that would be HP's preferred location.  If it is not presented to you, message me privately for a temporary share where I can get it over to you.

I do not know how closely the versions of Runtime and WebInspect interact, but I believe Runtime (Agent) 4.20 should work acceptably for your WebInspect 10.20.  Under most conditions, you will really want to upgrade your WebInspect to the latest, generally via SmartUpdate.  Be aware from the documentation here on Protect247 that 10.30 requires .NET 4.5.1 before it will upgrade 1-.20 fully.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.