Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
rubylou Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WebInspect Enterprise 16.10 fail to verify URL with rendering engine Firefox

I tried to use WebInspect Enterprise web console using IE 11 in Windows 10. When performing a guided scan, it opened another Firefox window. But it can't verify the URL, it just keep loading. When I tried to visit the URL in the opened Firefox, it said "the address isn't valid".

From the outside, I can get access to the URL both by IE and Firefox.

When I choose rendering engine as IE, it can verify the URL. But it will have problems when recording a login macro.

So I'm asking for help to fix this problme. Thank you all.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
15 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. pprofili Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: WebInspect Enterprise 16.10 fail to verify URL with rendering engine Firefox

The first thing to check would be the proxy settings.  Below the browser pane you should see a collapsed proxy pane that you can exand up. 

0 Likes
okazymyrov Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: WebInspect Enterprise 16.10 fail to verify URL with rendering engine Firefox

I have installed WebInspect 16.20 on a fresh Windows 10 with the latest updates and faced the same issue as describeed in the topic. Any suggestion on how to fix the bug? Changes in proxy settings did not help. 

0 Likes

This is with the guided scan wizard - correct?  What if you try a basic scan - does it work?

What exactly happens when you try (screenshot)?  

What happens when you change to IE mode?  

Is this regardless of the URL you attempt - for example what happens if you try http://zero.webappsecurity.com?

0 Likes
wenchang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

this is ridiculous, just hangs forever, fresh install windows 10 and webinspect 16.20.

0 Likes

You may be hitting a known issue that was caused by a Microsoft update and that affects Windows 10 and some 2012 R2 users.

Take a look at the readme here and if the symptoms appear to be those you're experiencing then apply the patch as described in the document: ftp://wipatch:d_HU3zn!@ftp.ext.hpe.com

wenchang Absent Member.
Absent Member.

thank for fast fix. it's works 

0 Likes

Glad to hear it.  Now that I look back at the OP I see that I missed this:

When performing a guided scan, it opened another Firefox window

So the fix for the original issue was more than likely the same patch (sorry I missed that!)

How can I get access to the document linked below?

ftp://wipatch:d_HU3zn!@ftp.ext.hpe.com

I'm having this same issue but with version 17.20.

Thanks

0 Likes

Paste that URL into a browser (IE seems to handle FTP URLs most reliably for some reason).  I just checked it - it still works.

0 Likes

Is there another way I can access this fix?  The ftp URL is asking for authentication and it is not accepting my login that I use for this site.

0 Likes

Yes - try this instead: https://ftp.ext.hpe.com/hprc/

Account is wipatch, password is d_HU3zn! (as shown in the FTP URL).

0 Likes
frizzled Contributor.
Contributor.

Anyone have access to this patch? I'm having this exact issue. I've been grinding on it for a week until I found this thread. Please help!!!

0 Likes
frizzled Contributor.
Contributor.

Nothing? Nobody?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

That patch was for version 16.10, two years ago.  The FTP share likely expired in mid-2018.  Please contact Fortify Support (https://softwaresupport.softwaregrp.com) and ask them to provide you with the patch.  Reference this forum post URL so they are clear on which one you need.

WebInspect Enterprise version 19.10 is due out soon.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.