Trusted Contributor.. KSKrug Trusted Contributor..
Trusted Contributor..

WebInspect Enterprise: Low drive space on C: Drive preventing scans from completing

Good morning fellow scanners and WIE Admins.

I've been plagued this week by a couple of my sensors erroring out during scans with "Low Disk Space on C: Drive" errors on a couple of my sensors. I've disabled those sensors for now until I can address this issue.

Our initial setup is similar to the one in this thread: "Prevent WebInspect from Consuming Space on the C: Drive" Our OS is on the C: drive and WebInspect Enterprise sensor software is located on the 😧 Drive along with, I presumed, SQL Server Express. But it looks like, as I read the thread above, that it does not default to the 😧 Drive during installation and the FR version of the software installs SQL Server Express onto the C: drive. It appears the work around for this will be to install the WebInspect executable with out the Full Requirements and installed SQL Server seperately. However, I'm experiencing issues with this solution.

I install SQL Server Express 2012 first, then install the Webinspect software and configure the sensor. Once those are configured I watch on the admin console as the update takes place and it updates the sensor to 17.20. Once I see the updates are set I try to run a test scan and the scan fails immediately upon launch. I will be putting a ticket in on this issue. But my one question I have is this; Is there a plan in place for the WebInspect64_FR to grant us a way to direct the installation of SQL Server Express to another drive?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
5 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. pprofili Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: WebInspect Enterprise: Low drive space on C: Drive preventing scans from completing

I'd suggest using a drive mapping tool (I like spacesniffer but that's not an official recommendation etc.) to see where the space is being consumed.  Could be some logging running wild for example.

As for the FR installer, there's a known (Microsoft) issue that results in the possibility of the SQL Express install being unsuccessful with no indication being returned to the (WebInspect) installer so that is in the process of being deprecated to avoid this potential issue.  As you are installing SQLExpress separately, I'm curious as to why you are using the FR installer?

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

Re: WebInspect Enterprise: Low drive space on C: Drive preventing scans from completing

I have used both the _FR release once I uninstalled the SQL Express and the WebInspect installer after manually installing SQL Express.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. pprofili Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Did you happen to track down where the drive space is being used up?  I'm wondering whether it's scans, logs or maybe a temp folder.

0 Likes
Trusted Contributor..

It looks like a lot of ASCMasterProfile files (about 22GB worth) are in the temp folder on the C: Drive.

I'm going to delete those files in the folder and attempt to reinstall the sensor suite.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Hello ,

Yes you can safely delete those files to clear the drive space.

Thanks

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.