Contributor.. Simon_Phoenix Contributor..
Contributor..

WebInspect SmartUpdate - restrict what is downloaded?

I have a server with limited disk space and don't want to keep installers for all versions and all languages hanging around.  Moreover, if I delete them to clear disk space, SmartUpdate wants to re-download the next time I request an update.

Is there a way to restrict which lanaguages or which versions are downloaded by SmartUpdate?

Failing a way to restrict what is downloaded, is there a way to at least change the path to a different drive?  Currently I am seeing it going into C:\ProgramData\HP\WIE\Manager|SmartUpdatePatches\WebInspect.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Outstanding Contributor.. pprofili Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

Re: WebInspect SmartUpdate - restrict what is downloaded?

There's no way to restrict what is downloaded as of yet, however take a look at the WebInspect Enterprise install guide (page 82) for details on how to move the download folder to another location - a shared drive for example.Untitled picture.png

0 Likes
Contributor.. Simon_Phoenix Contributor..
Contributor..

Re: WebInspect SmartUpdate - restrict what is downloaded?

Thanks! That did the trick. I can live with the large amount of disk space consumed by moving it to a different location.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.