Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

WebInspect Trial License Request Process 2015-05.pptx

• Screen shot series demonstrating the process a Trial user encounters when attempting to activate and try WebInspect.
  • Annotated for guidance.
  • Screens are based on WebInspect 10.40, but largely the same as it ever was.

• Customer-safe material

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
cseiders Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: WebInspect Trial License Request Process 2015-05.pptx

Thanks Hans,

Very helpful. 

Do you happen to know if the eval license keys are specific to WebInspect versions?  For instance, if I want to license version 10.10, do I need a specific key for that version? 

I would like to license a dev environment to replicate our production so I can test the upgrade from 10.10 to 10.40.  I tried previously for 10.30 but the key didn't work.  I wasn't able to get with Support in time to troubleshoot, but would like to try again.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: WebInspect Trial License Request Process 2015-05.pptx

The WebInspect Activation Tokens will work for any modern version of WebInspect.  Long ago we had used license files (prior to version 6?), but that is no longer relevant.

Bear in mind that the typical WebInspect license is for a Named User, so it locks to the current Windows machine and current user and cannot be reused unless Self-Deactivated or Soft Deactivated for you on Support's side.  That may be why you could not re-use the license on your dev system, because it was still activated elsewhere.  Support would probably have issued you a 15-day Trial license to activate the testing machine without providing you full scanning capabilities.

There is also a Concurrent User license model that costs a little more, but permits dynamic leasing of the available license(s) by multiple part-time WebInspect users and installations.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.