Highlighted
gatorcc Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WebInspect Trial

I am trying to install the 15 day trial of WebInspect and I keep receiving the following error.

"Unable to request trial.  Please contact HP Support. The underlying connection was closed:  An unexpected error occured on a send. Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."

After chatting with support they told me to go here and post.

What is up with customer service at HP?

Any help?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: WebInspect Trial

gatorcc;

The form you fill out as WebInspect first opens permits you to request a free 15-day Trial license, but it needs to then submit your data to the Internet so HP Licensing can issue the Activation Token to your e-mail address.  I suspect a network proxy setting is missing in your WebInspect connection, thus the error.  In the wizard there is a Proxy option on "Step 2 of 4", and it defaults to using the MSIE settings. (See attached screen shot.)  This particular default setting will not work for WebInspect if NTLM/AD authentication is required to connect and use the proxy, so you may instead need to modify the settings to "Explicitly Configure Proxy".

Customer Support for Fortify is pretty good compared to many corporations, but they are supposed to help customers.  Trial and Evaluation users should make contact with HP Sales who can get you in touch with a Presales Engineer, essentially tech support for people who are not yet customers.  Customer Support is also not so good at selling our features.   😉  Another wrinkle is that your form entry for the Trial license is used to trigger the lead process of a Sales rep contacting you should you have any questions, so you are a bit stuck with that proxy issue.

If you still cannot get the proxy settings to work for your activation request, send me a private message and I can issue you a 15-day trial.  Include your contact information, company name, geographical region, and industry and I can be sure the right Sales rep is available should you have any other technical questions about the scanner.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

>Trial and Evaluation users should make contact with HP Sales

Perhaps the message should be changed to mention this.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

It does state this, but it occurs later in the process.  They were having trouble simply getting the form submitted.

Attaching:

• Screen shot series demonstrating the process a Trial user encounters when attempting to activate and try WebInspect.
  • Annotated for guidance.
  • Screens are based on WebInspect 10.40, but largely the same as it ever was.

• Customer-safe material

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.