Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
TomStage_ATN Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WebInspect XML and XSD

Hi

Iam working on the OWASP DEF and i wonder if it would be possible to get my hands on an example WebInspect XML and / or XSD?

Best regards

Tom Stage
Labels (1)
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: WebInspect XML and XSD

I have attached a sample of the Full export to XML from WebInspect 10.20, the latest release.  This provides all details on the scan, plus all recorded Sessions, and the Remediation Details for all findings.  there are other XML outputs for Vulnerabilities Only, and two WAF exports for TippingPoint IPS or "other", but this Full XML export is the most comprehensive, raw data for transferring scan results.

The Tags used in this file have changed very little over time, and I am attaching a descriptive document explaining their uses and/or expected values, which should help with that Project.  I have not produced an updated TXT file for 10.20, but this 10.10 material should be identical.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi Hans

Thanks for your reply, i will have a look at the provided and make sure that the OWASP DEF can cope with information from WebInspect.

Is it ok if I attach the files that you have provided for me to the project?

Best regards

Tom Stage
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yes, I believe you can use those files.  I simply generated them from the included Sample Scan and then read through the export to identify the Tag sets.  Very easy, any user could have done this too.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Hi Hans

Thanks for your reply, and I will add this to the Project.
Best regards

Tom Stage
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.