Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
Frequent Visitor.. msee
Frequent Visitor..

WebInspect hangs when changing severity (DB Connection Lost)

Hello,

WebInspect seems to hang when trying to change severity via the bottom window where the findings are (findings_change.jpg). After that, WebInspect will hang, then give an error stating that the "connection to the scan database has been lost" (scan_database.jpg). 

Connections to the database are other wise fine, and I am able to change the severity through the other menus. This happens with both local and remote DB's.

Software: SQL Server Express 2014 SP2 / SQL Server 2016 SP2

findings_change.pngChanging the severity in the menuscan_database.pngLosing connection to the database

Labels (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: WebInspect hangs when changing severity (DB Connection Lost)

I have just tried this using WI 18.20.  Is this still happening and is it repeatable?

Ray

0 Likes
Frequent Visitor.. msee
Frequent Visitor..

Still happening in 18.20 and repetable. Seems also that 'roll-up vulnerabilities' makes the app hang/crash as well.

0 Likes
Highlighted

If this is still an issue, please PM me and we can get it figured out.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.