Highlighted
Valued Contributor.. sergiy.parol Valued Contributor..
Valued Contributor..

WebInspect scan fails to upload to SSC

Hi,

One of our WebInspect scans consistently returns "Error Uploading to SSC" published status with no apparent clues.

Looking for an advice on what might possibly cause this problem and how it can be resolved.

Thanks,

Sergiy

Labels (2)
0 Likes
10 Replies
Super Contributor.. ellerm Super Contributor..
Super Contributor..

Re: WebInspect scan fails to upload to SSC

I have this issue with WIE often.  I have no idea why this occurs or if there's a way to get the completed results into SSC manually.  I opened a ticket with Fortify support, so once I hear back I'll respond unless someone else responds in here.  It's quite annoying that you run a scan for several hours/days and the only way to get the results into SSC are to rerun the scan and "hope" it uploads.

0 Likes
Outstanding Contributor.. pprofili Outstanding Contributor..
Outstanding Contributor..

You certainly should not have to hope that it works the next time - there will be a root cause, and the logs from the WIE Server plus (if necessary) the logs from the SSC server will tell the whole story.  Support should be able to help you determine that root cause.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

thanks Mike

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

thanks Phil

0 Likes
hbwoodsjr Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Sergiy, were you able to get this resolved? I'm having the same issue.

0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

So far Fortify Support was not able to help resolving the problem.
0 Likes

Sergiy - sorry to hear you've had no luck with Support. On your WIE Server there are two logs - one of which should include detail on why the upload to SSC was unsuccessful: C:\ProgramData\HP\WIE\Manager\ManagerWS_trace.log and C:\ProgramData\HP\WIE\TaskService\TaskService_trace.log.   Hopefully that will provide some additional hint to where the issue lies.

Valued Contributor..

"ERROR [taskservice] Processing task of type Publish failed. Error ' ', hexadecimal value 0x0C, is an invalid character. System.ArgumentException: ' ', hexadecimal value 0x0C, is an invalid character."
0 Likes
Valued Contributor..

in the C:\ProgramData\HP\WIE\TaskService\TaskService_trace.log:
0 Likes

Are you on the latest version of both WIE and SSC?  I've seen those errors before where there was something in the particular scan that was unexpected.  The latest versions _should_ have addressed that by being less particular about the content but it is certainly possible that you may have hit an edge condition that was not considered.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.