Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

WebInspect smart update error

WI Smartupdate error: Invalid signature on file
I upgraded WebInspect from 18.20-19.1 and tried now to execute the SmartUpdate but getting Error.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Take a look at the following forum/discussion post regarding this issue: https://community.microfocus.com/t5/Fortify-User-Discussions/WI-and-WIE-Smartupdate-error-Invalid-signature-on-file/td-p/1687709

After successfully installing once in 19.1.0 you should no longer experience this issue. You will continue receiving this error as there are older executables in your environment that need to be replaced as mentioned in the link above.

0 Likes
Cadet 1st Class
Cadet 1st Class

Still face the same problem. Deletion of these folders which contain the pending updates does not help.

0 Likes
Lieutenant Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I had a similar issue with 18.20 -> 19.10.

In the end I had to pull down a brand new version, uninstall old and install new.

Maybe smart update needs to get a little smarter?

Have not tried smart update since we moved to 19.10

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Did you run the SmartUpdater.exe outside of the application? If so, please execute the .exe through the application.

Also, make sure you replace all .exe's with the one contained in the link above. If you continue to have problems please submit a support ticket for further assistant.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.