Webinspect 20.1.0 failed to launch truclientbrowser
Previously I used webinspect on version 19.1.0. then I upgraded the version via smartupdate to the latest version 20.1.0 but every time I try to do a scanning it always has problems.
namely "failed to launch truclientbrowser" please help.
in previous versions the scan was running normally
following the scan log :
9/4/2020 9:50:10 AM Error Crawler error, session:306E42D0F653E7CFA6720D7F15AE506B, error:Failed to launch truclientbrowser
9/4/2020 9:50:09 AM Error SPI.Parsers.Script.Remoting.ScriptExecWrapper :in get_parser, __parser==null
9/4/2020 9:50:09 AM Error SPI.Parsers.Script.Remoting.ScriptExecWrapper WebInspectWCFService.LaunchTCException: Failed to launch truclientbrowser
1. Endpoint protection software
3. Corrupt install or upgrade
Ruling out antivirus or other endpoint protection as an issue, my recommendation would be to uninstall WebInspect and then install a fresh installation of 20.1.
We’ve had a small percentage of instances where upgrading from 19.x to 20.1 experiences this issue after upgrading via smartupdate.
This is not typically an answer I would give, but may be the quickest resolution.
Let’s talk about endpoint protection, I’ve seen environments where prior versions worked with AV installed and then not with 20.1. This is the reason we recommend disabling endpoint protection software during scans.
1. I don't use any antivirus, I only have Windows Defender and I've tried turning it off and excluding the webinspect folder.
2. I have logged in using administrator and running with administrator.
3. maybe I will re-download the installer webinspect version 20.1.0, I've tried fresh install but still experience the same thing
I'll let you know after I try to re-download the inspect web installer and try a fresh install.
If installing a clean instance of WebInspect does not resolve the issue, please open a ticket with support and provide the following:
- Provide an export of a scan with traffic and logs
- Provide the logs from Folder “00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000” under path: %localappdata%\HP\HP WebInspect\Logs
- Export of the Application and System event logs
- wevtutil epl System %userprofile%\Desktop\SystemLog.evtx
- wevtutil epl Application %userprofile%\Desktop\ApplicationLog.evtx