Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Webinspect API empty responses

Jump to solution

I am unable to receive scan data from HP WebInspect using the API's.   I have tried every GET request under the Scanner section of the help file and all I get back is "[ ]" save for one.  The only command that comes back with anything is the GET scanner/settings.  I even have this issue when trying to get proxy information using the GET proxy command.

I can connect to the box remotely so I know the proxy is up and running.  I know I am talking to WebInspect as I am getting some information back.  I am wondering if there is some setting I am missing?

Suggestions?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Using SQL Express by any chance?

Since the scans, when using SQL Express, reside under your local user's AppData folder, the API service needs to run as that user to be able to access the scans - so the solution is to change the service to run as "you". 

Go into Services and then the "Log On" tab and provide your credentials there then restart the service.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Admiral Admiral
Admiral

Using SQL Express by any chance?

Since the scans, when using SQL Express, reside under your local user's AppData folder, the API service needs to run as that user to be able to access the scans - so the solution is to change the service to run as "you". 

Go into Services and then the "Log On" tab and provide your credentials there then restart the service.

View solution in original post

Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class
Thank You So Much for this solution.
I just wanted to ask where to find this Services tab?
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@Pradyumn you would make this configuration change in Windows Service Manager:

win-services.png

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.