Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Where can I find the scan result in my computer and upload to Webinspect Enterprise?

I have installed WebInspect in my computer and scanned many applications but now the license expires. We use webinspect enterprise to scan. For tracking the history, I want to upload the scan request of the applications to webinspect enterprise. I tried to open webinspect in my computer. It pops up the activate license page. I cannot click manage scan button to export scan result from WebInspect.

Where can I find the scan result in my computer? Can they be uploaded to Webinspect Enterprise?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

WebInspect (16.10 currently) stores its SQL Express scans locally as MDF/LDF pairs of files.  The typical location is under C:\Users\%CURRENTUSER%\AppData\Local\HP\HP WebInspect\ScanData\.  You can verify or customize this path under the Edit menu > Application Settings > Directories panel.  The corresponding Logs for those scans will be found in sub-directories of C:\Users\%CURRENTUSER%\AppData\Local\HP\HP WebInspect\Logs\, which can also be customized.  Each scan has a unique ScanID, visible in the Manage Scans panel or the Scan Log of that scan, and this ScanID is used to name the scan data files as well as the sub-folders that house the corresponding logs.

Of course if you were using a Standard or Enterprise Edition of MS SQL Server to house your WebInspect scans, than nothing I listed above for SQL Express holds true for you.  Instead, your scan data is in that SQL database.

When using SQL Express for WebInspect, it is possible to manually move the scan data files form one installation to another.  The Manage Scans section of the WebInspect UI will not show those newly moved files until you delete the Scans.XML file housed in the ScanData folder and restart WebInspect.  The Scans.XML file will rebuild its index of scans based on the directory contents and so you will then find them listed in the UI.

I do not know of any way to manually upload SQL Express scan data files up to WebInspect Enterprise.  If every scan were individually exported to *.SCAN format, that could be uploaded directly to the WebInspect Enterprise web console.  The preferred method of transference is listed below.

Using the Enterprise Server menu, Connect your WebInspect desktop to the WebInspect Enterprise server.

Using that same menu, Upload all of the desired WebInspect desktop scans to WIE, first assigning their destination Projects and Project Versions.

Once uploaded to WIE, consider removing the scans from your WebInspect desktop system/database.

Separate from this description, you seem to indicate that your WebInspect desktop Activation Token is no longer valid.  You may need to check with Fortify Support (support.fortify.com) to review its status for renewal.  The most common license for WebInspect desktop is a Named User model, and if you are not logged on as the user who activated the product, then that could be the cause of the message.  Support can help sort that out as well.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks a lot Hans.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.