Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Where is Fortify License and Infrastructure Manager?

Hello, I just installed Fortify WebInspect and I am trying to activate it with the initialization. Upon placing the activation token I receive the following: " You cannot use a concurrent license directly. You must activate this license through an Fortify License and Infrastructure Manager".  I'm looking through manuals and guides and they mention that this software is included in the WebInspect download. However in my case it is not the case. Where can I download this? Thanks.

0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The License and Infrastructure Manager (LIM) allows you to centrally manage your Micro Focus Fortify WebInspect concurrent product licenses. The LIM is required when using concurrent licenses. The LIM is located in the path where WebInspect is installed.

clipboard_image_0.png

You can find additional information about installing in the documentation: https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/fortify-webinspect/1910/WI_Install_Help_19.1.0/index.htm#Preparing%20to%20Install%20the%20LIM.htm%3FTocPath%3DLicense%2520Infrastructure%2520Manager%7C_____2

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

Thanks for the reply, but I do not see that in any of my installed Fortify folders. I have both Fortify WebInspect Enterprise 19.1.0 as well as Fortify WebInspect Enterprise 19.1.0 Console and I cannot locate those files in either of those directories.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The files will be located in the location where WebInspect is installed, not where where WebInspect Enterprise is installed. Did you install WebInspect via the msi or exe file?

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

I only have WebInspect Enterprise installed and that is all I have in my entitlements for the account. Is WebInspect (non-enterprise) a separate application? Do I need both WebInspect and WebInspect Enterprise?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You should have an installer for WebInspect as it is the sensor for WebInspect Enterprise. When you expand the bundle downloaded you get the following files/folders:

clipboard_image_0.png

Double-click on the WebInspect folder and run the WebInspect.exe on the computer(s) that will act as the sensor(s) for WebInspect Enterprise:

clipboard_image_1.png

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.