Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

assign an analysis value to multiple issues simultaneously

I looked in the user manual at https://www.microfocus.com/documentation/fortify-static-code-analyzer-and-tools/1810/AWB_Guide_18.10.pdf

P 91 gives directions to set multiple issues to Not An Issue at the same time. It isn't working for me. Am I doing something wrong?

I am using HPE Security Fortify Software Security Center 17.20.0183

I go to the Audit page to display issues.

I select the issues I want to update by checking the box on the left side.

I press Shift-Ctrl-A. Nothing happens.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Captain
Captain

Are you using Audit Workbench? Or are you using the web interface to SSC?

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

The web interface

0 Likes
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

The take away is perhaps there is a better manual? I see there is a product named Software Security Center, which is probably what SSC means.

I am not having much luck so far. With a little googling, I found some User Guides, including one for HPE Security Fortify Software Security Center, version 17.10. But it doesn't have anything helpful.  I guess I need the workbench.

0 Likes
Captain
Captain

The guide you were reading was for the Audit Workbench application. I prefer to use that over the web interface to SSC.

From the web interface, at least in v18.10, there is a checkbox at the top of the list, in the row with the column headers. Clicking that checkbox will select all checkboxes. Unfortunately, after you then click Assign or Suppress or whatever action you want to do to the items selected, those items checked then become unchecked. I guess that's not a problem if you are selecting all items, but if you selected half of them, to Assign and you also want to Suppress them, then you'll have to know which ones you Assigned and then re-check those. Kind of a pain.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.