Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Cadet 3rd Class
Cadet 3rd Class

change directory of where files are written

I installed fortify as root and thus when users use the product vi tomcat it wants to write files to ~root/.fortify. Is there way to change this location?

0 Likes
1 Reply
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

When using Tomcat, you can specify the Fortify SSC home directory for the user through the {-Dfortify.home} option added to the JAVA_OPTS variable in Catalina.sh.

As an example within catalina.sh:

JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Dfortify.home=/home/user_name/some_directory/fortify_ssc"

Here is an addendum I received internally for your question.

+++++

As far as I know the Fortify home directory is created based on the user that is actually running the software. This may indicate that they are running either SSC (Tomcat) or SCA as root, which in general is considered a bad practice.  So instead of using some properties to modify the Fortify home directory location, they should actually be fixing their setup to not run the software as a root user.

+++++

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.