Highlighted
mk4
Visitor.

how to install xcode plugin fortify 18.20?

Hi, I installed Xcode 10 and Xcode 9.2 on my computer, then I installed Fortify 18.20. Now I want to install Fortify plugin but I cannot find where it is? Eclipse and Intellij plugins are located under instal-dir/plugins directory but I could not find xcode plugin. How can I install the plugin?

Thanks.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

Re: how to install xcode plugin fortify 18.20?

There is no Fortify plugin for the Xcode IDE. Please see the Fortify Static Code Analyzer User Guide chapter "Translating Code for Mobile Platforms" for information on how to scan with xcodebuild.

mk4
Visitor.

Re: how to install xcode plugin fortify 18.20?

I was getting the following error while trying to scan projects from command line: 

PluginLoading: Required plug-in compatibility UUID XXXX-XXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXXXXX for plug-in at path '~/Library/Application Support/Developer/Shared/Xcode/Plug-ins/FortifyScanningPlugin.xcplugin' not present in DVTPlugInCompatibilityUUIDs

** BUILD FAILED **

After Karene's message I deleted Plug-ins folder and it worked. Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.