Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Big news! The community will be moving to a new platform April 21. Read more.
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

where can i get the actual file called rulepack.xml

One of my tool requirements is the file called rulepack.xml, ive been in touch with HPE Fortify Support, and they are not able to provide this. Can someone please help

Tags (1)
0 Likes
3 Replies
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hs anyone been able to take a look at this and help me get a copy of rulepack.xml

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Which product are you working with, and which version?  What is the message stating that asks for this file specifically?  Is this an installation error?

Most of our products connect to the Internet and then HPE Fortify for updates, so a manual application of the rulepacks is generally avoidable.  Fortify Support (support.fortify.com) should have been able to verify you as a paid customer and then provide you the necessary off-line updates.

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Vamsi,

I assume you are using the Custom Rules Editor to create custom rules and/or to create a new rulepack.  I believe the file you're most likely looking for can be found here:

"C:\Program Files\HP_Fortify\HP_Fortify_SCA_and_Apps_16.10\Core\config\ruletemplates\NewRulepack.xml"

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.