New Ranks & Badges For The Community!
Notice something different? The ranks and associated badges have gone "Star Fleet". See what they all mean HERE
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

wi license server blocked licenses

Jump to solution

Dear Sir or Madam;

We do a have a problem with our license-server I would like to ask for help:

We have 5 concurrent licenses and 5 concurrent WI-Systems which are used for scanning our Webprograms in various locations.

Even if no Webinspect Program is running, we do often run into blocked licenses which may sooner or later lead to a message: There is no license available.

We do use:

16.10 WebInspect, patched to current level for the Scanning Servers

I cannot tell which Version of Patchlevel we are using for the license server, as this was more or less an inherited piece.

We often need to kick licenses manually, which tends to get a little anoying over time.

Any help would be highly apreciated. Thank you very much in advance for your kind help,

kind regards,

HUBI-DUBI.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The licenses should dynamically return to an available status when WebInspect is closed.  You may need to have your LIM server logs reviewed by Fortify Support (support.fortify.com).  For the HP LIM, the specific files of interest for Support would be as follows:

• C:\Program Files\HP\HPE Security License and Infrastructure Manager\Logs\*.*
  • C:\Program Files\HP\HPE Security License and Infrastructure Manager\DB\Database.SDF

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

The licenses should dynamically return to an available status when WebInspect is closed.  You may need to have your LIM server logs reviewed by Fortify Support (support.fortify.com).  For the HP LIM, the specific files of interest for Support would be as follows:

• C:\Program Files\HP\HPE Security License and Infrastructure Manager\Logs\*.*
  • C:\Program Files\HP\HPE Security License and Infrastructure Manager\DB\Database.SDF

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I will contact HP Fortify Support and hand in the respective log-information.

Quite helpful for me to have the list at hand as to which files and information I need to prepare.

thank you very much,

best regards

HUBI-DUBI.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.