Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
kkyy Contributor.
Contributor.

Connecting to Remote Agent

Hi All,

We installed version 17 SilkPerformer Agent only to a remote machine.  We try to Add this Agent to the project from another machine where we have Silk Performer version 17 installed.

We keep seeing the below Silk Performer Message, and not able to connect when we do Check Connection in Add WAN Agent.  We check the remote machine.  It seems that the agent is up and listing on port 19200.  Anyone has any idea what the issue is and how we can debug further?

Thank you,

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Connecting to Remote Agent

Hi kkyy.

What is the network relationship between the Controller and Agent? I guess they are not on the same subnet since you are using a WAN connection. There's some scenarios including connection through various firewalls in the 'Remote Agent Connection Scenarios' of Help.

Hopefully one of those fits your scenario.

Best regards,

Ciaran.

0 Likes
Snehil1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Connecting to Remote Agent

I checked the scenarios and the one that says the controller and agent are on different domains suits my requirement. However, I'm not able to apply the solution stated there. Could you please elaborate it?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.