nuborgh Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Re: FDE Policy assigned but Status Unknown

seams like update 2017.4.1 solved the problem.

The 2 machines i used for testing the issue is now encrypted.

gr Wilfred

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Unlikely ZCM 17.4.1 has any code changes to address the issue.

There have been very few FDE bugs or fixes since 17.3.0

The majority of defects being created and addressed revolve around cosmetic issues to move more errors currently in logs to a GUI so it is easier to troubleshoot errors.

I can't help but wonder if there is a issue around your imaging process where FDE is being initialized and the NAC partition being created in your base machine, but all the partitions are not included in the image.

Upgrading to 17.4.1 likely just caused a re-install of FDE which then re-installed what was lost by the imaging process.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

When building your image.....

Make sure one way or another on your base image, if you pre-install the ZCM Agent, that an FDE policy is not effective when you install the agent.  This is likely causing your issues with the pre-creation of a Linux Partition for FDE that is not included in your image.  You really NEED to have FDE initialize the FDE Policy on each device....not on the master.

0 Likes
nuborgh Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Yes i know.

We make a sysprep and in the last state(AFTER PLACING IMAGE on client) the zenworks client gets installed.

gr Wilfred

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.