NovAlf
Visitor.

Policy being applied and ... nothing, seems to

Hi!
I'm a bit in hurry. ZCM 11.3.2, Windows 7 Pro SP1. Applied FDE policy (which did work ok so far on other devices), see on device just a "Policy being applied", no activity or whatsoever. Don't see anything connected in Windows events nor in ZCM Agent log. Any ideas how to troubleshoot? Maybe it does encrypting in this very moment, but just not showing activity bar. Doubtful.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
5 Replies
NovAlf
Visitor.

Re: Policy being applied and ... nothing, seems to

Samsung SSD 850 PRO 512GB on LENOVO ThinkPad T540p. Interesting that on FDE details (via Agent Properties) I see "no drives to encrypt" etc., Samsung Magician utility shows "Failed to perform the operation on the selected disk". In device BIOS is nothing special (pwd's etc.) switched on, just defaults.
Just few days ago installed Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB on LENOVO ThinkPad T450s and ... with FDE etc. ok.
Alar.
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Well, no success. Could be this time it's incompatible OPAL drive and with ZCM 11 SP3 that's it.
Alar.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

NovAlf,

very possibly...

--

Shaun Pond
in my "day job" I work for ENGL; our aim is to make Windows deployment
easy

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

NovAlf;2421515 wrote:
Well, no success. Could be this time it's incompatible OPAL drive and with ZCM 11 SP3 that's it.
Alar.

ZCM 11.4.x has additional options for how to handle Opal drives that often resolves compatibility issues.
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Hi and thanks!
Yes, You're correct, we need to go for SP4, but ... so far still at SP3, sorry to admit.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.