NovAlf
Visitor.

Toshiba NVMe KXG5AZNV256G and FDE

Hi over a while!
ZCM 17.2, Windows 10 Pro FCU. Any luck with FDE using Toshiba disk NVMe KXG5AZNV256G? We failed. Lenovo ThinkPad T480s.
Actual error is „Could not find a Handler associated with the following type: Full Disk Encryption Policy. ActionMan.HandlerNotFound“.
https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/476076-FDE-will-not-encrypt-disks
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
10 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Toshiba NVMe KXG5AZNV256G and FDE

Compatibility with specific models is generally not a issue.............
I would verify that "Secure Boot" is not enabled on the device.
Support for Secure Boot in FDE is coming in Update 3.

If it was...you may need to uninstall and reinstall the FDE Spoke.
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Hi and thanks Craig!
Yes, we disabled this option in BIOS You pointed to and, well, after removing and installing ZCM agent (on two Lenovo computers in question I found myself – device not registered and … only agent reinstall brought at least, for now, one back into zone, strange) I now see FDE policy as success, but … also I see in FDE section “Prerequisites are not met”. Switched on deep logging, but can’t find any clue. I’m not sure FDE service must running, but it does not.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Ai-jah!
I tried to apply old policy! Bad admin! Encryption in progress. 😃
Alar.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Most likely "Secure Boot" is enabled........
ZCM Does not support Secure Boot until ZCM 2017 Update 3.

NovAlf;2481980 wrote:
Hi and thanks Craig!
Yes, we disabled this option in BIOS You pointed to and, well, after removing and installing ZCM agent (on two Lenovo computers in question I found myself – device not registered and … only agent reinstall brought at least, for now, one back into zone, strange) I now see FDE policy as success, but … also I see in FDE section “Prerequisites are not met”. Switched on deep logging, but can’t find any clue. I’m not sure FDE service must running, but it does not.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Hi!
Btw., does we need still have less than 4 part’s for FDE to apply? … On same Lenovo device in question here we managed somehow destroy everything (https://forums.novell.com/showthread.php/508320-Changing-BIOS-and-destroy-boot-%C2%85) and even backup from ZEN (image) didn’t help out. Anyway, before that (crash) we managed (with help from here) encrypt disk ok. Now, after clean setup (Secure Boot disabled!) I’m trying to encrypt once again – “Policy is being applied” and that’s it. No error I’m able to spot in logs. … Why I’m asking – on second similar laptop I managed setup FDE wo removing 4-th (Recovery) part. But now I can’t imagine what does prevent FDE being applied.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Only difference with previous disk management set – boot partition [C:] show “BitLocker Encrypted” with yellow exclamation mark and open lock next to drive, but it isn’t encrypted, really. Not sure this (BitLocker Encryption) might interfere here. But … no error or warning I see in log.
Alar.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Perhaps make sure Bitlocker is set to disabled.....

https://www.wikihow.com/Turn-Off-BitLocker
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Hi and thanks!
Yes, it was BitLocker. Actually, in Disk Management it did show BitLocker Encrypted, but next to drive in Explorer … as it wasn’t switched on. Suggestion (from internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/how-do-i-remove-the-yellow-exclamation-and-padlock/9bb39870-0f38-4acd-b06f-2385ce5b8961) was to switch it on and then off. (Then also disappear exclamation mark and unlocked padlock painted next to drive.) Yes, did it and … FDE applied as should.
More thanks, Alar.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Glad I could help..........And thanks for the feedback...This was a new one for me as well....
0 Likes
NovAlf
Visitor.

Thank You!
The least thing I can do ... and probably have to ... is report back. 😃
Terv, Alar.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.