Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

logs about FDE?

We're having an issue with a missing FDE policy. What logs should I look at to hopefully find out when and who deleted it?

Is there any history of bugs with Zen or FDE that would cause an FDE policy to just disappear from the system?

Zen 11.2.1 running on SLES 11.1

Thanks,

Todd Bowman
tbowman@umphysicians.umn.edu
0 Likes
2 Replies
bbeachem Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: logs about FDE?

I'm not clear if this is on the server or agent side?
Questions,
1) In ZCC, does the policy show it's still assigned to the device?
2) If/When you do a refresh, did the policy get re-assigned to the device?

Unfortunately on the server side there aren't logs that indicate WHO removed the policy assignment. The agent side logs would indicate when it was removed, but again you would not know who initiated this. Tracking of this nature is planned for a future release of ZCM.
0 Likes
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: logs about FDE?

Thanks for the info, the policy was completely deleted from the server. One of our techs did own up to accidentally removing it. Logging on who removes objects would certainly be appreciated.

What log should I look at to see at least when something like that is removed? I have the policy name, so I can 'grep for it if I know what files to search in.

Thanks again,

T. Bowman

>>> bbeachem<bbeachem@no-mx.forums.novell.com> 11/9/2012 10:46 AM >>>

I'm not clear if this is on the server or agent side?
Questions,
1) In ZCC, does the policy show it's still assigned to the device?
2) If/When you do a refresh, did the policy get re-assigned to the
device?

Unfortunately on the server side there aren't logs that indicate WHO
removed the policy assignment. The agent side logs would indicate when
it was removed, but again you would not know who initiated this.
Tracking of this nature is planned for a future release of ZCM.

--
bbeachem
------------------------------------------------------------------------
bbeachem's Profile: http://forums.novell.com/member.php?userid=103657
View this thread: http://forums.novell.com/showthread.php?t=461453
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.