Highlighted
New Member.

Error installing GWDR on SLES15

Hello Members,

I tried to install gwdr-18.1 downloaded from customer center on a SLE15 or SLE15sp1.

Whether I install via install.sh or via direct rpm-install I got an error:

rpm -ivh gwdr-18.1.0.rpm
Preparing... ################################# [100%]
Updating / installing...
1:gwdr-18.1.0-1 ################################# [100%]
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.PaE4rS: line 2: ./install: No such file or directory

Does anybody has an idea what's going wrong?

Thanks for help,

Michael

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Error installing GWDR on SLES15

Make sure that you have a package called "rpm-32bit", available in YaST, installed.  It is a 32-bit program and requires this and all related dependencies to run.  Additional details and requirements are listed in the installation tab of the GWDR 18.1 documentation.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor.
Valued Contributor.

Hi @sulatna,

I've had the same issue. I've opened an SR #101297124241 but get no solution till now (since June, 4th).

I've seen the post from @MikeBills and installed rpm-32bit. Now the installer is running correctly.

But in the Prerequisites you've linked @MikeBills , the rpm-32bit is only required for SLES 12, not for SLES 15:

• If installing under SLES 12, install rpm-32bit from YaST.

So please update the documentation and inform your supporters about this. It would be great if there is a pre-check in the script to check if needed packages are installed and if not, give output what to do or output a usefully error message.

best regards
Pascal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

@pratzke 

Thanks for that update.  We will get this reported to the documentation folks.

Pam

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.