Highlighted
AUT_Tom
New Member.

Forwarding mails with pdf attachement

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

i've got a very strange Problem.
We use GW 18 for mails in our company also with mobile sync option on the Smartphones.
When we forward mails with pdf files the recipient can not open the pdf file on his Smartphone (IPhone)
We see the complete mail with the text and also the pdf file, but when u open up the pdf it will be clear.
The funny thing is, when you have Sophos Mobile Advanced (buyed Licence, because we use Sophos Firewall) installed on your mobile device, there is no problem to open the pdf files. But i guess, there must be a way to do it without the Sophos software on a smartphone, because it's very ridiculous.

Anyone have an idea?

Greets, Tom

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Re: Forwarding mails with pdf attachement

Jump to solution

@AUT_Tom wrote:

Hi Laura,

its version 14.2.0 - Build 279

Best Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom,

I've just re-read your description of the problem and see that you specifically say it's on forwarded email.

Please see here:  https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7021296

With regards to your GMS version and build - you are very outdated. Time for a new GMS server.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

Views/comments expressed here are entirely my own.
If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

@AUT_Tom wrote:

Hi everyone,

i've got a very strange Problem.
We use GW 18 for mails in our company also with mobile sync option on the Smartphones.
When we forward mails with pdf files the recipient can not open the pdf file on his Smartphone (IPhone)
We see the complete mail with the text and also the pdf file, but when u open up the pdf it will be clear.
The funny thing is, when you have Sophos Mobile Advanced (buyed Licence, because we use Sophos Firewall) installed on your mobile device, there is no problem to open the pdf files. But i guess, there must be a way to do it without the Sophos software on a smartphone, because it's very ridiculous.

Anyone have an idea?

Greets, Tom

Hi Tom,

Kindly tell us what version and build of GMS you are running.

Hint: In the GMS Admin Console look in the bottom, left-hand corner and it will show there.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

If you find this post helpful, please show your appreciation and click on "Like" below...
0 Likes
AUT_Tom
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Laura,

Best Regards,
Tom

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

@AUT_Tom wrote:

Hi Laura,

Best Regards,
Tom

Hi Tom,

I've just re-read your description of the problem and see that you specifically say it's on forwarded email.

Please see here:  https://support.microfocus.com/kb/doc.php?id=7021296

With regards to your GMS version and build - you are very outdated. Time for a new GMS server.

Cheers,

Laura Buckley

0 Likes
AUT_Tom
New Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Laura,

ok … thank you for help!

Greets,
Tom

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.