Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Co-Editing - what are the requirements?

Jump to solution

I try to play around with co-editing with Teamworks. But I missed the "Edit" option for a long time.

So this post is just to get some clearance.

Teamworks is installed and running. All patches via update channel are installed. Content editor appliance exists and is configured (Teamworks is allowed). Teamworks is configured to use "Web-based Document Editing). However there is no "Edit" in my user interface.

This Teamworks server is running with a 60 day trial version.

So I added a valid license to find out if a trial version is not enough to use co-editing. Come on, "Edit" appeared. Has this behavior just been good/bad luck?

Therefore my question: do I need  a valid license to use co-editing?

Diethmar

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

A full license is not required for the Edit functionality.  A 60 day trial license will also allow Edit to function.  Since installing a new license requires a services restart, I believe it was the restart that likely completed the link to the Content Editor appliance, however, a restart should not be necessary.  As long as the following criteria are met the Edit should function:

1. CE and TW appliances have valid certs (or each have imported the self-signed cert of the other and restarted)

2. Content Editor 9443 > Configuration > Allowed Hosts includes the TW server

3. TeamWorks 9443 > Web-based Document Editing > Test Connection is successful

So what I suspect may have happened is TW originally started without a successful handshake to the CE appliance.  If that happened then restarting TW resulted in a successful handshake.  Do you have any errors in the /var/opt/novell/tomcat-esn/logs/appserver.log, with a timestamp that coincides to the date/time while Edit was not present, which implicates failed connection to CE?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

A full license is not required for the Edit functionality.  A 60 day trial license will also allow Edit to function.  Since installing a new license requires a services restart, I believe it was the restart that likely completed the link to the Content Editor appliance, however, a restart should not be necessary.  As long as the following criteria are met the Edit should function:

1. CE and TW appliances have valid certs (or each have imported the self-signed cert of the other and restarted)

2. Content Editor 9443 > Configuration > Allowed Hosts includes the TW server

3. TeamWorks 9443 > Web-based Document Editing > Test Connection is successful

So what I suspect may have happened is TW originally started without a successful handshake to the CE appliance.  If that happened then restarting TW resulted in a successful handshake.  Do you have any errors in the /var/opt/novell/tomcat-esn/logs/appserver.log, with a timestamp that coincides to the date/time while Edit was not present, which implicates failed connection to CE?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Hi Glen,

I will come back to you. My test environment has been deleted and will be re-created next week.

I did all the steps you mentioned above including restarts. But as you know if you run a test environment you will do a lot to test and to find out. And sometimes I am impatient. So maybe it was just bad luck. I was just surprised that it worked (immediately) after installing the license.

I assume that you know already this video but maybe someone else does not know it (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJJdivvp4sU).

Diethmar

Diethmar Rimser
This community is more powerful if you use Likes and Solutions
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.