Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Matti_Kurkela Absent Member.
Absent Member.

An extra suffix in my name

Jump to solution

Looks like my account name gained an extra "_1" suffix when migrating from the old forum to the new one.

I'd prefer my name without it, if possible.

I checked my profile, but did not see a way to fix this - did I miss something? Or is forum moderator/admin action required to fix it?

Thanks,

MK
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Kevin_Paul Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: An extra suffix in my name

Jump to solution

MK - I've updated your profile for you.  The reason there was a "_1" added is that there was another screen name of "" in use.  Not sure if that was another account you had created with a different email address, but it doesn't look like it's been used much, so I renamed *it* to have the "_1" and removed it from yours.

I work for HPE.
0 Likes
5 Replies
Highlighted
Kevin_Paul Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

MK - I've updated your profile for you.  The reason there was a "_1" added is that there was another screen name of "" in use.  Not sure if that was another account you had created with a different email address, but it doesn't look like it's been used much, so I renamed *it* to have the "_1" and removed it from yours.

I work for HPE.
0 Likes
Matti_Kurkela Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Thanks!

Hmm... I understand the old ITRC Forums screen names were unique, so I guess the conflict was with some HP Passport account or something like that.

I think I used to have another HP Passport account years ago, but I've since lost its password and I think the email address(es) associated with that account no longer exist, so a normal password recovery procedure would not be possible. I don't think that account had anything significant associated with it, so its loss does not matter to me.

MK
0 Likes
Absent Member.. Gene_1 Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Kevin_Paul, I have the same issue. I believe I had registered on the old forums under the same name, and now have "_1" at the end of my screenname when I log in here using Passport. Is this something you can fix up for me?

0 Likes
Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

>I believe I had registered on the old forums under the same name, and now have "_1" at the end of my screen name

How do you prove that you are this Gene:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/35186

With only one post, why bother?

0 Likes
V. Nyga Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
>Kevin_Paul, I have the same issue ...

It's better to send a private message (under Contact) to Kevin_Paul:
http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/4277

V.
*** Say 'Thanks' with Kudos ***
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.