Eino V Absent Member.
Absent Member.

BROWSE window is empty

Jump to solution

Hi

I am using IE8. When I go to te web page: http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/?category.id=business-support

the BROWSE window is empty. There is only the title BROWSE. I am using Vista ultimate 64-bit OS and the IE8 is 32-bit version and language in use is Finnish. The situation is same with 64-bit IE8.

With firefox I can see the following list in the window:

Business Support Forums  
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Kevin_Paul Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Re: IE BROWSE window is empty

Jump to solution

We're still looking into what's causing this, and hope to have a solution (other than asking IE8 users to switch to compatibility view) to the problem soon.

I work for HPE.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
Absent Member.

Re: BROWSE window is empty

Jump to solution

Eino - if you navigate to http://h30499.www3.hp.com/, is the "Browse" window also empty there, or is this only happening at the Business Support Forums level?

Thanks for letting us know about this - we'll be looking into it!

I work for HPE.
Eino V Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Hi The BROWSE window is OK on web page http://h30499.www3.hp.com/. Also all links in the BROWSE window of Business Support Forums level are working OK, if I copy them from firefox to IE8. The problem is only on this http://h30499.www3.hp.com/hpeb/?category.id=business-support web page. Thanks for your reply! Eino
kalervok Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I have the same problem.

Eino V Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi

I tried my notebook and all works OK, also this link with empty BROWSE window. The OS is Win XP Home and it uses also IE8. The resolution is of course different, it is 1280x800, while it is 1920x1200 in the other computers.

Edit: IE8 seems to be in compatibility mode in Windows XP home, because the mode is not possible to be selected.

Eino

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Can those of you having this problem let me know what happens when you put IE8 into "Compatibility Mode"?

It should then display the categories within the "Browse" window/pane, but I'd like to verify...

I work for HPE.
Eino V Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Kevin_Paul

The list of links can be seen in the window, when IE8 is in "Compatibility mode". You are right about that. The list vanishes again if I take the "Compatibility mode" off. It is odd, that this prolem is only in this one link.

Eino

0 Likes
Chris H Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I hit the same problem this morning but didn't see this post, so created a new post (http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/BROWSE-panel-blank-rather-than-showing-categories/m-p/1153511), but not in the "Feedback and Suggestions" board.

Eino V Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hi Chris

Thanks for your information! I was already wondering if this is only a Finnish problem.

Eino

0 Likes
Cheryl G. Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I have the same problem, running Windows 7 Pro 32 bit, if I turn off compatibilty mode. Oddly the next section under Browse section shows up_ Solved Posts.

``````````````````````
**Clicking the KUDOS star on the left is a way to say 'Thanks'**
*To help others find solutions, click 'Accept as Solution' on a Reply that solves your issue*
Carl Hennig_1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IE BROWSE window is empty

Jump to solution

The Browse window when viewed in IE 8 is empty in both x86 and x64 versions.

Switching to Compatibility mode shows the contents of the Browse window.

Adding HP.com to the compatibility list fixes the problem in IE8 x86 and x64 for future visits.

0 Likes
Absent Member.

Re: IE BROWSE window is empty

Jump to solution

We're still looking into what's causing this, and hope to have a solution (other than asking IE8 users to switch to compatibility view) to the problem soon.

I work for HPE.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.