Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Community changes

While I haven't looked at too many boards I found my user preferences not migrated over.

1) User preferences seem to be set to default.

2) No friends

3) No tags, assigned to Anonymous_User1

4) No stinkin' badges (good riddance  )-:

5) Read/New info lost

6) And it appears all the new problems that the old forum just inherited:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/General-Feedback-and-Suggestions/Forum-Changes-breaking-things/td-p/6965406

0 Likes
15 Replies
Damodar-Reddy Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Community changes

& Indeed, the ranking system is juggled..!!

I see the Acclaimed Contributor Rank to almost a newly register user.

(If this helped, accept as solution )
(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Missed info,

I lost my Friends info, Happy that crazy badges have faded, no tags,total page views,total messages read, have been decremented.

(Posts and opinions made here are my own and do not reflect the opinions of my employer)
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. BGroot Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

We did some issues with subscriptions and the ranking. The ranking issue has been resolved. The migration team is still working on the subscription issue and we hop to have that solve soon.

Will look into the friends and tag issue.

Greetings,

Bill

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Nope,

The Ranking issue was not solved...!! See my Rank in comparison, if needed an Example.

Wasn't this checked earlier?

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Even Dennis Rank has not been Updated & I see that his Kudo's count also got drastically decreased.

I am not sure, whether  @Dennis Handly is aware of..!!

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

@Damodar-Reddy: Even Dennis Rank has not been Updated

Yes I noticed but most of my kudos are in the HPE Community forum, not here, so reasonable.

Acclaimed Contributor..

Thanks for the feedback, we will investigate the issues with the ranks and get back to you.

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

Is this had anyprogress Sir?

I see the rank system update failure & this new Protect724.

little disappointing in the way this portal been transformed, INCEPTION to me..!!

Skull break routes to the destiny.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Can confirm the issues @Dennis Handly pointed out. Also my username was changed from Sebastian.Koehler to Sebastian.Koehl. WTF!?! When trying to correct it I've noticed the dot symbol is no longer a valid character (at least in the SW community) so I've changed it to Sebastian_Koehler.

Disposing the tags is just a shame. I had nearly 4000 assigned to all kind of posts especially in the Data Protector forums! This is a good way of losing contributors.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

The team is still working on the ranking issues that we are experiencing. Hope this will get resolved soon.

Apologize for the delay.

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for your feedback. We will look at the tag issue you mentioned. Also there was an issue with subscription data in members profile. Where members couldn't see the posts that they subscribed to. Not sure if this is also tied to the tagging issue you mentioned. But we will look into this.

the subscription issue should be fixed soon, as the team is testing a solution and we hope to get this implemented soon.

Regarding your screen name, I will do some research to see if we can change your screen name back to what you had.

Apologize for the inconvenience.

Greetings,

Bill

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.

>Disposing the tags is just a shame. 

The tags are still there, you just don't own them.  😞

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Sebastian,

I had a meeting with the vendor regarding the update and asked about the tags. Unfortunately although the migration supports migrating of the tags themselves, it doesn’t support migrating their authors metadata. This is because all the tags assigned during different moment in time go together as a whole with the message rather than one by one.

So that means the tags are present in the community, only we did lose who made the tags.

With regards to your screen name. During the migration their was a limit of 15 characters for a screen name ( we found this out after the migration), so your screen name got cut of at 15 characters and that is why your screen name was shorten.  We have increased the size so that members who's screen names got cutoff could modify them, only in your case a "." is seen as a forbidden character and that is why you couldn't use it.  I know on the Enterprise Business Community you do have this screen name, but this mostly likely came over during a migration and during a migration this is allowed. If the limit of 15 characters wasn't in place during the migration then you still would have had this.

If you really want to keep your screen name, then please let me know and I can talk to the vendor to see if we can get this changed for you.

This is what i found out for you based on your remarks. i apologize that this is perhaps not the answers you were looking for, but this is all I can do for you.

We are looking at making changes into the existing community to make it more appealing to the members and we will need your help and that of other members, as this community should be something that members enjoy using and will stay active.

It won't be perfect in the beginning but our goal is to work with our members to make it a better community.

Greetings,

Bill

0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Sebastian,

I talked to the community vendor and they were able to make a modification so that your screen name was restored to what is originally was.

Just wanted to let you know.

Greetings,

Bill

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.