Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Community site lacks Navigational and Back links

Where is there training on using this system?  I find it pretty useless to drill into a Discussion Group, Reply to a user post, and then there is no way for me to click back out to the primary community.  I have to keep resorting to browser bookmarks or an email that has the new link.

My main concern is the Fortify area, but I have seen it on the old WebInspect forums as well.  Shouldn't there be a navigation tree or series at the top so I can go "back up" the proverbial subject tree?

-- Habeas Data
Micro Focus Fortify Customers-Only Forums – https://community.softwaregrp.com/t5/Fortify/ct-p/fortify
0 Likes
4 Replies
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Re: Community site lacks Navigational and Back links

Hi Hans,

Thank you for the feedback.    Here's how I work my way backwards...Snap 2017-05-26 at 17.03.15.png

The breadcrumbs at the top, give me the parent of any page I'm on... it's like a back button.

We're working on getting the breadcrumbs to expand and not only show the parent, but several branches up.

Does this help?

John

John
0 Likes
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

@JohnJ  We're working on getting the breadcrumbs to expand and not only show the parent, but several branches up.

We asked for this on the old Lithium forum.  I suggested that at least the "..." go up two.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Outstanding Contributor.
Outstanding Contributor.

Dennis -

Thanks...  I agree with you.. we should be able to show deeper breadcrumbs.    

This is in our backlog and we're working on a better navigation view.   

John

John
Highlighted
Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

@JohnJ  we should be able to show deeper breadcrumbs.

You would have to move that search box.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.