Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Forum bug attaching files to a reply

Hello,

I've just found a bug uploading files to a forum reply. If I work on two or more posts at the same time and need to attach a file to only one of them the attachment is getting published to all replies. Please fix this.

2018-04-10_07h49_39.png

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
Tags (1)
0 Likes
7 Replies
Acclaimed Contributor.. BGroot Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Re: Forum bug attaching files to a reply

Hi Sebastian,

Did it get attached when you published the reply? I had two posts open and was replying to them, then I attached a file, but it didn't get attached to the other post. Did you publish the post and then it was attached to the pother one?

Please let me know how you did this so that I can reproduce and then send to our vendor.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Greetings,

Bill

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi @BGroot,

I think this is related to the Autosave functionality. This means reproducing takes a few minutes.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Acclaimed Contributor.. BGroot Acclaimed Contributor..
Acclaimed Contributor..

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the feedback, I will test it and get back to you.

Greetings,

Bill

Micro Focus Software Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of Micro Focus.

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi @BGroot,

Is there an update on this one?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Yup.  I can duplicate. after an autosave   I'll open a case with the platform vendor.  Thanks for bringing it to my attention!  Stay tuned.  In the meantime,  quit multi-tasking. ;-)

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sebastian.  I want to update you on this issue.  I reported the bug to the vendor (Lithium) and here's what they have to say:

Hi Kim,

I was able to reproduce the same behavior on an internal test environment. As suspected, this appears to be a bug in the application. I've documented my findings and have reported it to our development team to investigate further and hopefully fix.

I do not currently have an ETA for a potential fix at this point. Future case updates may be less frequent, but rest assured that we'll keep you posted on any details related to this bug from our product and development staff.

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Highlighted
Knowledge Partner

Hi @kgroneman,

Thanks for taking care. This feels like progress finally. 

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.