Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Absent Member.. Pete Randall Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Get rid of avatar

Jump to solution

Denver,

When you click on your name (just to the left of Profile), it will bring up a page called "About Denver Osborn".  On the right hand side of that page, you will see a section called "Images for Denver Osborn".  That is where you need to go to upload the images.  Then you can click on "Profile", go to "Avatars" and it will have your images there in "From Uploaded Images".

Suck up that coffee and give it one more try.  If I can figure it out, I know you can!!

Pete
0 Likes
Denver Osborn Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I swear I'm neither blind nor crazy.  Attached is a view of the 'About me' page with boxes for drafts, tags and kudos only. 

Maybe this is a feature only available to customers with a valid support agreement--much like downloading patches.  :)

-denver

0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

If I hadn't seen it, I never would have believed it.  I'm thinking this one needs to be reported to Kevin.  That's just not right!

Pete
0 Likes
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Not knowing how else to get anyone's attention around here, I mentioned this in the "Issue Requiring Moderator Intervention" thread.  I'd certainly love to see some sort of explanation for this difference in privileges.

Pete
0 Likes
Kevin_Paul Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Denver - try it again - should be working now.

The only users who shouldn't be able to upload their own avatar (or any other images) are brand-new users - I'm not sure why your account wasn't updated correctly, but hopefully it will be working now.

And the reason for the two different "profile" links is that one (clicking on your name) allows you to view your profile, as another user would be able to (expect that other users won't see your full name or email address unless you've changed your security settings), and the other (clicking on the word "Profile") is where you go to update/modify your settings.  In the future I think they could be worded a bit differently to help make it more obvious - I'll put that on our list of future improvement opportunities.

I work for HPE.
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

Thanks Kevin, that was a puzzler.

Pete
0 Likes
jerrym Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I can't find anything that says use Facebook image or other.

0 Likes
jerrym Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Stephan, there is no "from the web" or "gone" under my profile - avatars settings. ??

-------

Profile  - Avatars - from the Web

insert any link with an transparent picture, prefered 36 x 64 pixel

---------

0 Likes
jerrym Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Kevin_Paul, looks like from what I am reading in various post that you may have to do a

global update of accounts. Some can see and some cannot see options to their accounts.

I can't see "From the Web" and other options that others are posting about. My account is

not new either.

0 Likes
Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

>I can't see "From the Web" and other options that others are posting about. My account is not new either.

0 Likes
Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Jump to solution

> there is no "gone" under my profile - avatars settings.

Gone as in transparent or invisible.  Or as in kludge/workaround.

0 Likes
Absent Member.. Leslie_Sargent Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Jump to solution

I take it this issue was never resolved. Bummer!!

To tell somebody that they are wrong is called criticism. To do so officially is called testing.
0 Likes
Absent Member.. David Gerrish Absent Member..
Absent Member..

Re: Get rid of avatar??

Jump to solution

I can't seem to change the avatar either - no option to change image - image upload doesn't seem to allow me to upload an image either, and avatars are only shown from the default set.

Painful.

Cheers

Dave

@openview
0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Dave - I'm looking into this issue for you; I *think* I know what's causing it but want to try and determine what happened... I'll let you know when I have an update.

I work for HPE.
0 Likes
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Dave - give it another try - you should be able to upload images and use them to change your avatar now.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

I work for HPE.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.