Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Khoros vs Lithium

Jump to solution

Recently I have seen both these names used when referencing our community platform and found myself more than a bit confused. I was going to ask about it here when I found this:

"Spredfast and Lithium have merged to offer one platform that converges marketing and care to help brands connect with customers throughout their journey. Meet Khoros."

I thought other community members might also be curious! 😉

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Khoros vs Lithium

Jump to solution

They're still confused (much like we get immediately after a merger).  Khoros is the company and Lithium is the community platform....kind of.....for now.   They're trying to change everything over to Khoros so even they refer to it as one or the other from time to time.   How many people say "GWAVA" when they mean SMG?

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
2 Replies
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

They're still confused (much like we get immediately after a merger).  Khoros is the company and Lithium is the community platform....kind of.....for now.   They're trying to change everything over to Khoros so even they refer to it as one or the other from time to time.   How many people say "GWAVA" when they mean SMG?

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Jump to solution

@kgroneman wrote:

How many people say "GWAVA" when they mean SMG?

I get what you mean but that's a poor analogy:

• SMG (Secure Messaging Gateway) is what the latest release is called.
  • The previous versions are still called GWAVA.

Oh wait... you're talking about mass confusion. In that case, you've hit the nail on the head!

_____
Kevin Boyle - Knowledge Partner - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Who are the Knowledge Partners?
If you appreciate my comments, please click the Like button.
If I have resolved your issue, please click the Accept as Solution button.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.