Welcome Serena Central users! CLICK HERE
The migration of the Serena Central community is currently underway. Be sure to read THIS MESSAGE to get your new login set up to access your account.
Anonymous_User Absent Member.
Absent Member.

MicroFocus/OpenSUSE account management hell

Greetings,

All I wanted initially was to get rid of my old un-used account on opensuse build project (or at least edit and anonymize it):
https://build.opensuse.org/user/show/zellijah

I recovered the password, logged in and tried to find "Close/Delete My Account" button, which cannot be found anywhere. Well, "Edit your account" must be it, right?

This link points to:
https://www.microfocus.com/selfreg/jsp/protected/manageAccount.jsp?emailvalidatedcheck=EmailValidated--NR%252CMicroFocusCustomer--NR%252CSUSECustomer--NR&emailAddress=REDACTED&dn=cn%253Dzellijah%252Cou%253DEMEA%252Co%253Dcustomers

"By filling out and submitting this form, you acknowledge that you are editing an account that may be used to log in on Microfocus.com and NetIQ.com. The account information you provide below will be shared with Micro Focus and NetIQ solely for the purposes of validating your identity across these sites."

Instead of getting closer to a desired outcome of my old account deletion, looks like I am now a proud owner of a brand new, additional one. And I don't see a way to close/delete/purge it anywhere.

So, feedback part: account management story looks very sub-optimal to me, especially in modern privacy/legal environment governed by such things as GDPR.

Specific request:
- purge https://build.opensuse.org/user/show/zellijah account
- purge my microfocus.com account
- close/purge any accounts tied to my email that I might not be aware of stored on the systems of microfocus.com or opensuse.org
- when two steps above are done, I'd like this thread and my forum account gone, as well.

Thanks for any help and guidance that you can provide.
3 Replies
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: MicroFocus/OpenSUSE account management hell

Hey zellijah:

>purge my microfocus.com account

Ask and you shall be given. Purged. Which means you can no longer login to
this forum using that account unless you recreate it.

As for openSUSE, since SUSE is a separate company now, I suggest you contact
admin@opensuse.org

How you accidentally created a new account, I can't imagine since you have to
have unique email addresses and you have to verify those addresses for each
account.

Good luck

--
Kim - 3/28/2019 6:46:21 AM
--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Account_Closed
Not applicable

Hello,
I would also like to have my MicroFocus account deleted. Could you do that for me, please?

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Strange that you created an account with the user ID of "deletethis" then asked me to delete it.  Well it's now deleted. You just changed from "deletethis" to "Account_Closed" and your associated login information has been deleted as well. 

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.