Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Knowledge Partner Knowledge Partner
Knowledge Partner

Navigation bug using Cancel button when replying to a post

Hello,

There is a navigation bug using Cancel button when replying to a post. Imagine there is a discussion with several responses. I'll click on Reply on any of those, but then decide to use the Cancel button because I want to reply to a different one to Quote something important. Instead of going back to the original discussion it will navigate to a different discussion. Please fix this annoying bug.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
Please use the Like button below, if you find this post useful.
0 Likes
8 Replies
Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

Re: Navigation bug using Cancel button when replying to a post

You may want to open a new tab when replying.  That way you can also see all the other replies if you need to copy info from several others.

When I tried replying and CANCEL to several posts here, they all went back to the topic.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi Dennis,

I'm using a the current version of Chrome and have several topics open in several tabs. Basically ever topic I want to reply to. I think this might be causing the navigation issue.

Update: I just ran another test. The issue comes when this popup shows up and I use the Leave button.

2018-03-26_20h50_51.png

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi @BGroot,

Can you send this to the development team, too? Maybe this is related to the file upload issue, too.

Thanks,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Dennis Handly Acclaimed Contributor.
Acclaimed Contributor.

> I'm using a the current version of Chrome and have several topics open in several tabs.

I'm using firefox with multiple tabs too.

When I cancel a reply, it goes to some random info from some other tab?

Today I debated going back or cancel, I tried the latter and it when "elsewhere" and I had to go back twice.

This time when I did a cancel and asked me to leave, it worked fine.

0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi @BGroot,

Is there an update on this one?

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi guys. I can't reproduce this one.  In Chrome or FF I:

• Go to a message in the middle of a thread
  • I type in a few words
  • I hit cancel
  • I veryfiy that I want to leave though I'll lose my data
  • It takes me back to the root post of that thread

So something is different with either what I'm doing and you're doing, or perhaps the length of the text in the reply box, or maybe it's user group related, or maybe it depends on what your previous action was, or maybe it depends on how to got to a message?   Can you help me narrow it down?  Any details would be helpful.  Dennis, you first said it didn't happen then you said it did in FF.  What changed? - Kim

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
Knowledge Partner

Hi @kgroneman,

I've attached a recording for you that should help reproducing the issue.

Regards,
Sebastian Koehler

---
0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager kgroneman Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sebastian.   That helped see exactly what you are doing.   Thanks.  I tried it on that same thread, and couldn't get it to do it.  I then logged in as you (I can do that as an administrator without knowing your password).  I tried it again using Chrome and Firefox and could not reproduce the issue.  It always took me back to the same thread where I started.  So....what's different?   Could you try it in a private browsing window (no cookies, no extensions)?   

--
My computer used to beat me at chess all the time, but then I changed the competition to kick boxing.......
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.